Main Reference: MOS Note 1581584.1
Assumption: EBS Version is 12.2.3+
- Shutdown the apps tier
- Using FNDCPASS or AFPASSWD change APPS/APPLSYS/APPS_NE to be uppercase
- Change all other EBS database users to be uppercase
- Verify connectivity using sqlplus on the apps tier
Making the change
- Set SEC_CASE_SENSITIVE_LOGIN to true
- Shutdown and restart the database
- In $TNS_ADMIN/sqlnet_ifile.ora, add SQLNET.ALLOWED_LOGON_VERSION_SERVER = 10
- Verify you can login to the APPS user and APPLSYSPUB user using sqlplus on the apps tier
- Using FNDCPASS or AFPASSWD, change the APPS/APPLSYS/APPS_NE password, then change the rest of the EBS database passwords to be uppercase
The database is now set up to allow case sensitive database passwords. Any existing database accounts are case insensitive until they are changed for the first time at which point they will become case sensitive.
The APPLSYSPUB account password must be uppercase.