I was shocked to see the following when I went to download a patch the other day:
Note: FTP patch download service will be retired as of September 18th, 2009 and “My Oracle Support” will be the only interface for downloading the patches and updates.
The problem is that I am using Oracle Enterprise Linux 4 x86_64 and there is no 64 bit flash player for firefox 3 (64 bit, which is all that is available via up2date from ULN).
Having said this, I have successfully installed a workaround.
- rpm -ev firefox (gets rid of 64 bit firefox)
- download firefox-3.0.7-3.0.1.el4.i386.rpm and frysk-0.0.1.2007.08.03-7.0.1.el4.i386.rpm from http://public-yum.oracle.com/repo/EnterpriseLinux/EL4/8/base/i386/
- download Adobe Flash Player 9 (32-bit) from http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/406/kb406791.html
- rpm -i frysk-0.0.1.2007.08.03-7.0.1.el4.i386.rpm
- rpm -i firefox-3.0.7-3.0.1.el4.i386.rpm
- tar zxvf install_flash_player_9.tar.gz
- cd install_flash_player_9_linux/
- When prompted for the path: /usr/lib/firefox-3.0.7
- mv /usr/bin/firefox /usr/bin/firefox-3.0.7
- vi /usr/bin/firefox
You should now be able to access My Oracle Support.