Oracle has now updated note 848202.1, Installing and Troubleshooting Adobe Flash Player on Linux
This is a little bit cleaner than the workaround I posted yesterday since you do not need to replace the /usr/bin/firefox with a shell script.
However, it uses the nspluginwrapper which Oracle does not support. The previous workaround was done using products covered by a linux support contract from Oracle (the bash script is a convenience to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH).
Starting with Oracle Enterprise Linux 4 x86_64 with firefox installed.
- download Adobe Flash Player 9 (32-bit) from http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/406/kb406791.html
- download the nspluginwrapper plugin and viewer from http://gwenole.beauchesne.info//en/projects/nspluginwrapper
- tar zxvf install_flash_player_9.tar.gz
- cd install_flash_player_9_linux/
- cp libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins –The install script will not work, you have to copy manually
- rpm -i nspluginwrapper-i386-1.2.2-1.x86_64.rpm
- rpm -i nspluginwrapper-1.2.2-1.x86_64.rpm
- nspluginwrapper -l
- Check the output from the last command, it should include libflashplayer.so