- Collaborate has come and gone, but we definitely had some major announcements.
- OAUG is now the Oracle Applications and Technology User Group, OATUG, in acknowledgement of the importance of the technical material covered by the organization in addition to and in support of the Oracle Applications products that were the original focus of the group.
- IOUG has merged with Quest (current IOUG members will become members of Quest around May 1).
- Oracle has waived the extended support fees for databases 11.2 and 12.1 when they are E-Business Suite databases.
- 19c will be the next supported database with the E-Business Suite. The initial certification will come out for 12.2 with 12.1 to follow soon afterward.
- Part of the continuous development plan for EBS 12.2 is to split the functional releases 12.2.x from the technology releases (name format to be determined, but they will be delivered as an online patch). As soon as the 19c certification is done, the Applications Technology Group plans to begin work on the tech stack upgrade.
- Java webstart became the only supported way to launch forms in the E-Business Suite on 1-Apr-2019. If you have not made the move to Java webstart, you need to start working on it now.
If you were unable to attend, you missed a great conference. Make your plans now to be at Collaborate 20 in Las Vegas next April.